Well, the worry has started to set in. What if we miscarry again? Will the RhoGAM shot I got to prevent sensitization work? I think we are both a little bit in denial, and a small part of us feels like this is sure to end badly again. We don’t want to get our hopes up and then have to go through that loss again.
As soon as we found out we were expecting, I called my doctor right away. She had me come in the next day for a blood draw, along with a follow up blood draw two days later to measure my progesterone and hcG levels (the pregnancy hormone, which is supposed to double every 72 hours), and an appointment the day after that.
This probably should have reassured me that someone was going to make sure everything was okay, but all it did was cause me more worry. In my mind, all the tests meant there was something wrong. Plus, I had been told that the doctor doesn’t schedule an appointment until you are eight weeks along, and I was only four.
I went in for my first blood draw on a Saturday, and my second one on Monday. Now I have to wait until my appointment to get my test results, and I’m freaking out. So far I haven’t had an bleeding or anything, so that’s obviously a good sign, and I’ve actually started noticing pregnancy symptoms (mainly that my boobs are pretty sore). I’m hoping that means everything is okay… I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.